La société qui est mentionnée dans l'article explique que les informations collectées autour des discussions des enfants sont revendues a des sociétés partenaires a des fins de marketing...
"A software product sold to protect children from predators, cyberbullying, and visiting inappropriate Web sites is also collecting information about what the kids are saying and is selling that data--in aggregate form--to other companies for marketing purposes."
je suis allée vérifier les contrats, c'est clairement spécifié !
D'autres societes adoptent la meme strategie semble-t-il :
Il m'a toujours semble que l'éducation, l'accompagnement, la formation restaient la meilleure voie pour avancer sur ces questions : ca se confirme plus que jamais !
MAJ du 1 mars 2012 : les termes du contrat privacy sont aujourd'hui moins explicites
". Children's Information
- FamilySafe does not contact children of any age about special offers or for marketing purposes.
- FamilySafe does not ask a child of any age for additional personal information.
- FamilySafe does not disclose private communications except to co mply wit h valid legal process such as a search warrant, or to protect the company's rights and property. As a parent using our monitoring tools, it is up to you to read data logged by FamilySafe applications to monitor your child's online behavior and interaction with others on the Internet, and determine if your child's safety is at risk.
- FamilySafe will never provide personal information about your child to any party."
- FamilySafe does not rent, sell, or share personal or other information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide such information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with FamilySafe under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help FamilySafe communicate with you about offers from FamilySafe and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.